Kilima Camp can offer you what most camps situated inside the protected area of the Masai Mara National Reserve can not propose: experiencing the African bush on foot with our African guided bush walks (also called walking safaris)
Encounter wildlife in a totally different way, under the expert guidance of your experienced Masai guide and Masai Moran (Masai warrior, Masai escort).Their perfect knowledge of the African bush is essential.
The Masai Moran and your Masai guide will be happy to initiate you to the use of the traditional Masai weapons: Masai spear, Masai bow and Masai arrows. Would you be a good Masai Moran?
Most of our walking safaris and African guided bush walks take place in our exclusive concession area, for even more intimacy. Our walking safaris and African guided bush walks offer you the unique opportunity to observe big game animals and wildlife on foot, but also to discover smaller African species present in the Masai Mara area as well as the prolific bird life, and to learn a lot about the way of life of the local Masai people.
Add to this the superb scenery of the Masai Mara and you have the ideal cocktail for an unforgettable African experience!
- Our walking safaris and African guided bush walks are preferably conducted in the morning.
- They take 1 to 4 hours, according to the specific walking safaris and African guided bush walks you will choose for and the number of breaks you will make.
- All walking safaris and African guided bush walks are led in English by our experienced Masai guides, who will tell you lots of interesting or surprising facts about the animals, birds, insects, shrubs and trees of the area.
The walking safaris and African guided bush walks are also excellent opportunities to learn more about the Masai living in the Masai Mara area.
There are 3 main walking safaris and African guided bush walks from Kilima Camp:
- Kilima safari Walk: gentle stroll in the hills
- Forest safari Walk : more sportive hikes across the valleys
- or down the Siria escarpment and along the Mara River : the River Safari Walk
For your walking safaris and African guided bush walks, you should bring and wear the same as for our game drive plus comfortable shoes.